PJE

PJE

Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time - Mark Haddon This is a book review. Phillip said I could write it for him.It is a review of a book called "The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time" - which is a very long title. Phillip told me that it was something Sherlock Holmes said in a story called Silver Blaze. It was called Spoonface Steinberg would be spinning in her grave. I asked him if she was forked to death as well. He just laughed. He says he is thinking about writing a book about a boy with Tourette's Syndrome. I asked him what Tourette's Syndrome was and he told me. I didn't like the way he told me though. I asked him what he would call it, and he said: Fuck Off Shortarse. I said I thought this was a Very Good title, but I was lying. And that is the truth.I thought this book was Very Funny, but Phillip says he found it sad. He says that it is about how parents are sometimes not very good at something called coping. But my dictionary says that coping is something to do with walls, so I'm not sure whether he is telling the truth or not.He also says that if people really want to know to know about autism they should read something that was written by someone who actually has Asperger Syndrome. Such as: Standing Down Falling Up: Asperger's Syndrome from the Inside Out; or Making Sense of the Unfeasible: My Life Journey with Asperger Syndrome; or Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome: A User Guide to Adolescence. Because that really is the truth."Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?""To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.""The dog did nothing in the night-time.""That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.† http://sherlock-holmes.classic-literature.co.uk/silver-blaze/ebook-page-10.asp[Review originally posted on ciao.co.uk on Oct 31st, 2004]